The Liceu Conservatory offers the Continuing Education/Music Training program, aimed at musicians who wish to deepen their instrumental and/or theoretical training with top-level teachers in the privileged setting of Barcelona. The student gets a personalized education according to his/her needs and interests –both instrumental and theoretical– and he/she designs his/her study program choosing the itinerary, focusing on a specific style, genre or repertoire. The student will be able to get individual instrument classes, and he/she will be able to follow a program with group classes or group practice. Moreover, he/she will also choose the total duration of the course (one month, one semester or one academic year).
All this, together with the possibility of enriching his/her musical experience by performing in all the concerts, masterclasses offered by the Center (such as the Liceu Jazz Concert cycle or the Liceu Cambra Concert cycle), as well as other activities organized by the Center.
|Degree:||Accredited Diploma according to the course option|
|Calendar:||Octuber – May|
|Venue:||Liceu Conservatory in Barcelona|
|Tuition fee:||Table below|
The program will offer the musicians the chance to:
- Consolidate his/her education towards excellence in the performing field.
- Get resources for a multidimensional performance through theoretical and humanistic complementary training.
- Meet musicians from different countries, genres, and interests so that he/she will be able to exchange and share diverse artistic experiences.
- Perform in public his/her solo or group repertoire work.
- Participate in the groups and productions of the Liceu Conservatory: chamber groups, chamber orchestra, symphonic orchestra, etc. in conditions close to professional reality.
- Attend the Masterclasses and conferences of the visiting teachers and the different concerts and auditions that take place regularly in the halls of the Center.
- Have access to the best teachers: consolidated active musicians as well-known specialists.
- Choose courses from different specializations, or focusing the program on a composer or a style; for example, Spanish music for piano, guitar or singing, flamenco fusion, etc.
Course options and calendar:
- Academic year – From October to May
- 1 Four-month term – From October to February / From February to May
- 10 Hours – To be chosen within the academic calendar from October to May.
- Individual instrument
- Singing and repertoire
- Individual instrument or Signing + Chamber Music / Orchestra / Combo / Theoretical courses
|Full academic year
|4 months||10 Hours|
|Curses||Hours / Fee||Hours / Fee||Hours / Fee|
|Individual Instrument||30h /3700€||15h /1900€||10h /1250€|
|Singing + Repertoire||30h /4775€||15h /2400€||10h /1700€|
|Music theory optionals***||45h /425€||–||–|
*** Full academic year Subject
There is no need for an official Bachelor’s Degree to access the program. Students must specify via email the program they are interested in and provide an arts curriculum and a video recording with a repertoire that will consist of two or more pieces or full movements, which will last approximately 30 minutes. The objective is to find out his/her level and to be able to produce a customized program.