One of our goals is that no talented student with a good academic performance gets deprived of studying music. For this reason, in addition to the scholarships for the Bachelor degrees, the Liceu Conservatory Foundation brings together sponsorship initiatives and contributions from several organizations and individual patrons. Committed to the artistic education of the musicians of the future, they offer exceptional support to the talented students. Thus, they can develop their artistic capabilities within the framework of the Master’s degrees in Artistic Education through a different type of grants.
These scholarships allow students to have full financial support to study their Official Master’s Degree at the Center and develop their talent in an institution that offers the students a high-level musical education with an expert and renowned teaching staff in the ideal environment of Barcelona.
Types of Scholarships
The scholarships offered to study an official Master’s Degree at the Liceu Conservatory are in the specializations of:
- Classical and Contemporary Music Performance in Instruments and Signing
- Opera Performance
- Piano (Josep Manuel Corrales Scholarship – Founder of MRW)
- Jazz and Modern Music Performance in Instruments and Signing
- Chamber Music (duets, trios or quartets)
- The composition applied to audio-visual and scenic production
The scholarships cover the entire academic cost of the Master’s Degree. They do not include airline tickets, other transportation, stay expenses, medical insurances or other expenses.
- Candidates must be in possession of the Bachelor of Music (or a University Degree in Music or an equivalent official degree) and meet the age limits established in each call.
- If they have another Scholarship for the same degree, they will have to communicate it to the Center to evaluate their case.
- To make effective the Scholarship grant, grantees must pass the Admission Tests for the Master’s Degree and complete the enrollment.
The grantees commit to:
- Continue making the most of the academic program of the Master’s, including auditions, concerts and other activities programmed by the Center.
- Include in his/her artistic curriculum and other relevant documents his/her status as a student and grantee at the Liceu Conservatory.
Recordings and repertoire
- Only for candidates to the Master’s in Performance: a video recording with a repertoire according to the features detailed later.
- Only for candidates to the Master’s in Applied Composition: scores of four pieces of different characteristics that constitute a representative sample of the work of the candidate as a composer. They do not have to belong necessarily to the genres of applied music.
- Only for candidates to the Master’s in Applied Composition: audio or video recordings of the pieces presented.
Requirements for the video or audio recordings:
- The candidate must send the video or audio recordings as links to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, SoundCloud or similar digital platforms.
- Very important: avoid temporary links. Any recording sent through temporary links will be considered as not sent.
- The recordings must have an acceptable sound quality, and the possible video edition must allow appreciating the participation of the candidates in a suitable way.
- Recordings that do not meet the established requirements will not be accepted.
Incomplete applications and those not fulfilling the prescribed requirements will be rejected.
Repertoire for candidates for the Master’s degrees in Performance:
For the Master’s in Classical and Contemporary Music Performance:
Performance of a repertoire that includes at least three pieces or full movements with a minimum total duration of 20 minutes. The selected works will have to form an assorted program in musical languages and styles and be as representative as possible of the different periods of the repertoire of the specialization.
For the Master’s in Chamber Music Performance:
Performance of a repertoire that includes at least two pieces or full movements with a minimum total duration of 20 minutes. The selected works must belong to the main repertoire of the candidates’ Chamber ensemble and be performed exclusively by the group. The candidates can complement the repertoire with solo performances of the members of the group.
For the Master’s in Jazz and Modern Music Performance:
Performance of a concert for about 20 minutes, consisting of a selection of standards of the jazz repertoire including at least one piece of the following styles: Swing / Be-bop, Bossa Nova, Ballad and Contemporary (an original composition may be included).
The ensemble is free (trio, quartet, etc.), but the candidate will always have a leading role. In the polyphonic instruments (guitar and piano), the candidate must perform soloist style one of the pieces.
For the Master’s in Opera Performance:
Performance of two opera arias by the opera’s author chosen in the curriculum of the Master’s Degree of that year. One of them must mandatorily belong to the work dealt with the Master’s Degree.
To formalize the registration, fill out the form appearing on this web page and submit the following documents and materials:
- Bachelor’s Degree / University Title / Music Degree / Equivalent Degree copy
- A 15 lines curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation to study the Master’s Degree at the Liceu Conservatory.
- Only for candidates for the Master’s in Performance: Program of the chosen repertoire performed in the recording.
The candidate must send these materials as links from Dropbox, Google Drive or similar. Very important: avoid temporary links. Any recording sent through temporary links will be considered as not sent.
- The Scholarships selection board will consist of the Center’s Management Team and the Center’s Heads of Department.
- The Board’s decision will be unappealable.
- The Board reserves the right to declare any of the Scholarships deserted if it considers that none of the candidates has the minimum level required.
+ 34 933271211