The School of Music Liceu Mataró shares place with the Mataró Catholic Centre and Balmes School in Plaza dels Bous, in the neighborhood of the Riera. It was the first music school in the city , and many professional musicians of Mataró have been trained in this music school - as the composer Moises Bertran , musicologists Francisco Cortés and Joan Vives , interpreters Albert Nieto, Rosa Mate , Josep Fado , Miguel Quiñones , Carlos Saudi, Eduard Martínez , Jordi Comellas, and multitude of amateur musicians.
Currently, the Mataró Liceu School of Music is a suitable institution where one can study classical and modern music, and it offer a complete study programmes for all students including music theory or vocal and instrumental ensembles. Students of Mataró award the diploma of Basic Studies of the Liceu Conservatoire at the age of 12 studying two afternoons a week based on learning by doing.
Students of secondary school can also study the non-oficial professional programmes with the same curriculum of the Liceu Conservatory. The Modern Music Programmes and artistic productions of the Big Band Mataró Liceu Music School is coordinated with the L' AULA, modern and jazz music at the Liceu Conservatory.
Our Philosophies are:
- Enjoying music and learn by doing.
- Encourage creativity in students.
- Follow and globally develop personal skills, spotting talent and ensure the achievement of competencies.
- Educate on the values of participation, respect and cooperation between equals, and ensure the confidence and perseverance in the study.
- Apply a suitable methodology for learning classical music and modern music.
- Provide flexible itinerary with different intensities and dedication.
Piano, Guitar, Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Trumpet, Saxophone, Singing.
Jazz and Modern Music
Piano, Flute, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Bass, Drums, Percussion, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Singing.