2018 Scholarships for Master studies in Opera Performance at the Liceu Conservatory in Barcelona
The Liceu Conservatory Foundation offers a scholarship program aimed to students of the Master in Opera Performance, with the objective of giving singers with outstanding talents the right support in order to develop their artistic skills to the highest level.
This Scholarship program has the support of the Conservatory Sponsors, who are people and institutions committed with the future musicians’ artistic education through various forms of sponsorship for the official Master's studies at the Liceu Conservatory.
1 Scholarship will be awarded covering 100% of the full Master’s academic fees.
Thanks to the sponsorship of:
THE PROGRAMThe Master in Opera Performance offers young singers the opportunity to develop themselves as performers in an environment of artistic excellence and high musical competence, thanks to the combination of the Conservatory resources and experience.
The aim of the Master Program is the technical, vocal and stylistic work on Gioachino Rossini’s La Cenerentola, with a cast made up of Master students accompanied by the Liceu Conservatory Orchestra. The performance by the Master students will be part of the Liceu Conservatory Concert Hall season program.
Classes and rehearsals will be carried out under the expert advice of some of the best current specialists in singing and the operatic stage. Students will have the opportunity to work with the acclaimed opera singer Teresa Berganza, one of the most renowned performers of the La Cenerentola’s main role. Moreover, several world-class figures in the operatic field will give courses and masterclasses to the Master Program Students.
REQUIREMENTS- Candidates must be born after December 31th 1981.
- Candidates must have obtained a Degree in Music (either a Bachelor of Music, University Degree in Music or an equivalent official degree). Students who do not fulfil this requirement will not be awarded the Official Master's Degree, they will be awarded instead a certificate of advanced training and musical postgraduate studies.
-In case that selected candidates already enjoy another Scholarship for the same studies, they are required to communicate it to the Conservatory in order that their case may be assessed.
- The award of the Scholarship will become effective only when the awardee has passed the Master’s entrance examination and has enrolled in the Liceu Conservatory Master’s program.
The Scholarship holders commit themselves expressly to:
- Pursue the entire academic program of the Master with profit.
- Include their status as Liceu Conservatory and Scholarship holder students in their artistic curriculum and other relevant documents.
REGISTRATIONRegistration must be made filling the application form before October 30th 2017 at the following link in the Conservatory’s website.
DOCUMENTATION AND VIDEO RECORDING
When filling the application form, candidates must upload links to the following documentation:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- DNI Copy (Passport for non-Spanish citizens)
- Copy of the Bachelor’s Degree in Music Diploma o equivalent (if you have it).
It is possible to include a video recording in which the applicant performs two arias, appropriate to his kind of voice, from La Cenerentola or other Rossini’s operas. The recording must be sent through a link to Youtube, Vimeo or other similar video services. Avoid downloading file services and temporary links.
AWARDING BOARD- The Scholarships awarding board will be made up of professors of the Liceu Conservatory.
- The decision of the awarding board shall be not subject to appeal.
- The board will have the right to declare void any of the scholarships if it is considered that candidates do not meet the required standards.
Scholarships for Masters in Classical Music Performance, Chamber Music Performance, Jazz and Modern Music Performance and Applied Composition at the Liceu Conservatory for the academic year 2017-2018
The Liceu Conservatory Foundation offers a scholarship program for the official Masters of the Conservatory to assure that the students with outstanding talents have the right support to develop their artistic abilities to the highest level.
This scholarship program relies on the support of the Conservatory patrons: institutions committed to the artistic education of the future talents through several types of financial aid for the official Master studies at the Liceu Conservatory.
With the collaboration of:
8 Scholarships to study an official Master at the Liceu Conservatory for the academic year 2017-2018 in the following programs:
- Classical and Contemporary Music Performance (instrument or voice)
- Piano (Scholarship Josep Manuel Corrales- MRW Founder)
- Jazz and Modern Music Performance (instrument or voice)
- Piano Music Performance (duos, trios or quartets)
- Applied Composition for Film and Audio-visual Media
The Scholarships will cover the full (100%) student tuition fee.
- Age limit: candidates must have been born after May 31th 1986.
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Music (or an equivalent official Diploma).
- In the case of a candidate being awarded with another scholarship for the same studies, they should notify the Conservatory to assess their case, keep the scholarship or withdraw it.
- For the scholarship to be effective, the selected candidates must pass the entrance auditions and formalize their enrolment at the Master program.
The scholarship holders commit themselves to:
- Follow the entire academic program of the Masters, including the various auditions, concerts and other activities organized by the Liceu Conservatory.
- Mention their condition as students and scholarship holders of the Liceu Conservatory in their artistic CV and other relevant documents.
- Motivation Letter
- DNI Copy (Passport for non-Spanish citizens)
- Copy of the Bachelor’s Degree in Music Diploma or equivalent
- Candidates applying to the Applied Composition for Film and Audio-visual Media Master: Score and recording of 4 pieces of different format which show a representative sample of their work as composers.
- Candidates applying to the Performance Masters in Classical Music, Chamber Music and Jazz and Modern Music: video recording.
Video recording requirements:
The video recording must be sent through a link to Youtube, Vimeo, Dropbox or similar servers (preferably, avoid services such as WeTransfer or similar with temporary links). Recordings must have a good quality of sound and its possible edition must allow us to value the applicant performance in a proper way.
Video recordings that don’t meet these requirements won’t be accepted.
For the Master in Classical and Contemporary Music Performance:
The performance of a repertoire including a minimum of three pieces or complete movements with a 20 minutes’ minimum total length. The selected pieces must belong to different styles or historical periods.
For the Master in Chamber Music Performance:
Ensembles should send a video recording with the performance of a repertoire including two or more pieces or complete movements with a 20 minutes’ minimum length. The selected pieces must belong to different styles or historical periods.
For the Master in Performance of Jazz and Modern Music:
The performance of an around 20 minutes length program, formed by a jazz repertoire standards selection including at least a piece of each of the following different styles: Swing/Be-bop, Bossa Nova, Ballad and Contemporary (an original composition can be included).
The group kind is open (trio, quartet, etc.), as long as the candidate holds the main role. For the polyphonic instruments (guitar and piano), one of the pieces must be a solo performance.
- Registration and application submit: until May 26th 2017
- Results Outcome: June 9th 2017
- Scholarship Acceptation: until June 15th 2017
- Enrolment: until July 15th 2017
- Visa Confirmation (foreign students): until September 10th 2017
+ 34 933271212